1. The Timbers lost their last home game of the season. It was very sad. I do not want to talk about it.
2. My parents are visiting. They took my car and are driving along the coast. Dad is keeping both hands on the wheel, keeping his eyes on the road and is not speeding in my car. I think they have wanted to see the Oregon coast since The Goonies came out. So, a long time.
3. When they roll back into town, we will do Oregon stuff. This means drinking coffee, drinking beer, eating tater tots, wearing flannel, gentrifying, and cutting down trees.* We will also wear Obama stickers on our persons.
4. I had a nasty bout of blog addiction right after Palin was announced as McCain’s running mate. I have since cut back on the blogs and news about the election. It’s is a white-hot, over-arching anxiety that the loonies are going to win. I can’t take it. I have to block it out by thinking of kittens, puppies and bunnies.
5. This is probably illegal: Click on this link. We had a lovely dinner at Dave’s friends’ Nick and Sonja’s and this was a dish they made for us. It was seriously one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. Make this today. It will make you feel better about politics.
*(I love Oregon.)